Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012 - Resting and Waiting

 

Seems that’s what my life is about right now.  Resting and waiting.

Not that I’m complaining.

Well, maybe I do need a wee piece of cheese with my whine. 

We now have an updated surgery date and time – Monday, August 13 at noon – pending medical clearance from my GP this Friday.

Mentally I’m ready.  Hope my body agrees.

This week I am listening to my little voice.  If it says, “Lie down for a nap,” I give in and do so.  If it says, “Go for a walk,” I take a stroll (except in the heat of the day).

Yesterday morning and this morning I walked just a bit over one mile.  Not my usual two miles and at a much slower pace, but I did it.  Felt darn good, too!

One would think with all this enforced leisure time I would be blogging on a consistent basis and writing.  Goodness knows a second diagnosis of cancer gives one fodder for writing.   

Truth be told, my attention span is a bit short and I simply have a difficult time concentrating on anything other than what business things must be done, TV, reading a short story now and then, surfing the Internet and so forth. 

That’s okay, though.  I’m just going with the flow. 

It’s all part of resting and waiting.

 

“Unity is strength.  Knowledge is power.  Attitude is everything.”

Thanks for stopping by!

Now go write!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn. Say something!