Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 16, 2012 - Everybody Do The Happy Dance!

 

I am very, very happy to report that path reports were clean!

“Happy” really does not describe it.

I actually let go and started crying, Dave holding me.  Happy tears.  Crying and laughing at the same time.

Relief.  Gratitude.  Joy.  Lifting of a cloud.  Thinking about all the things Dave and I still have time to do together.

Simple things.  Like sitting outside watching stars and wildlife in the evenings.   Like he was doing last night back at the rig, missing me; me here at the hospital thinking of him doing that and missing being there with him.

My body still has to “wake up” enough to tolerate food and that may take a few days still.  It’s getting there, but not quite yet.  A bit frustrating, but we keep in mind that my body has been assaulted, invaded and insulted over the past month with the previous ruptured appendix and that surgery, and then this episode.  Now that we have good news, we can both relax and that surely will help my healing process.

From Scotland family

These arrived from my family in Scotland and Australia today!  Thank you all; your love and support has lifted me up and continues to do so.

It’s awkward to type with an IV line and in a less than optimal height position, so pardon errors or brevity.

More tomorrow or later, but gonna go for now. 

I wanted to let you all know the wondrous news, as you have been making this journey with me.

Your presence, thoughts, comments, prayers, energy, jokes and good vibes have made a difference.

Believe it!

“Unity is strength.  Knowledge is power.  Attitude is everything.”

Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to hear! Your body will surely recover quickly with your positive vibes.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn. Say something!