Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 19, 2012 - Home!

 

This morning my surgeon wrote discharge orders and by early afternoon Dave was playing chauffeur once again and bringing me home.   By the time we left the hospital together, I had clocked 3 miles walking the hallways on the 3rd floor of the  hospital.

Once home, we got some laundry going and Dave dashed to the market for a few items.  He is now off turning out a few well-deserved bike miles. 

In his absence, I have been making a few phone calls, resting and now and then putting some things away.  Just made up a batch of orange Jell-o which is chilling for a bit.  The way things are progressing, I bet I’ll be taking a few nibbles of honest-to-goodness food tomorrow!

Dave has said he simply cannot understand how I could be hungry – after all, I ate last Saturday and that was just a week ago!  Hahaha! 

 

Warren Hospital Koi Poind

Before I left hospital, a patient advocate came by to visit with me about my stays – quality of care, etc.  I was not aware of the meditation garden, so he took me downstairs.  This cute pond is there, complete with food for the koi.  I sat and fed the fish, which indeed came up to nibble the food and brush against my hands.

Maggie was very happy to see me, as I was her.  We are hanging together in the living room right now, each occupying a recliner.

The flower arrangements were still looking nice and were left at the hospital.  We simply do not have room for them all and, more importantly to me, they can be enjoyed by the staff who took such good care of me (and looked after Dave, too) and distributed to patients who could use some cheer and color.

There is much healing to do, but I have made strides already.  We’ll have to go to a few doctor appointments, but our sight is looking to the good times to come down the road!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

IMG_4438

I am a Warrior.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news. I like the part about the meditation garden and feeding koi. Very peaceful.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're home. take care.

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn. Say something!