Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 18, 2012 - Post Op Day 5

 

I apologize for not commenting on blogs recently.  I do read and keep you all in my thoughts; however, my attention span is still not up to par.

 

Flowers and Cards

My “cheer-ing section” which brings much appreciated cheer and smiles to my room, not to mention folks commenting on how nice it smells in here with the flowers, marveling at my “breathing dog” and enjoying Scotland tales prompted by the photograph of Dave and I sailing on Loch Ness.

Yep, I am still in hospital on a clear liquid diet, which I am tolerating quite well along with an oral pain med on an as-needed basis, which is by no means as often as I could get it.  My body is taking a while to wake up and until it does so I am restricted to this diet.  My surgeon is, however, extremely pleased with my progress, especially taking into consideration the physical ordeals my body has endured over the last month.

If he does discharge me tomorrow, the thought is that I can do at home what I am doing here. 

Rest, hydrate and heal.

What I miss the most (besides the obvious of Dave, Maggie and home) is being outside.  With that in mind, my doc did write orders that I could dress in whatever is comfortable and go downstairs and outside for a few minutes when Dave returns for his afternoon/evening visit.  Just want to soak up some non-hospital air and hopefully some sunshine.

View from Room 368

View in one direction from my window.  At least I can see greenery, trees, hills and sky.

Thank goodness for a window!  I watch the evening darkness creep in, was treated to a light show of lightning during last night’s storm and I greet each day as it awakens and light begins to brighten the Earth.

I’ve been up and about since approximately 6 AM, so I think I’ll chill and watch some TCM prior to Dave’s arrival.

“Unity is strength.  Knowledge is power.  Attitude is everything.”

Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_4438

I am a Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn. Say something!