Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 22, 2012 - Anybody Got a Staple Puller Handy?

 

Ha!  Tomorrow I’ll have my staples out and boy-oh-boy am I ready!  As with last time, I know I’ll feel much, much better after that fun exercise.

 

Morning relaxing

The view from my zero-gravity recliner

This morning was so pleasant, even at 10 AM, that Maggie joined me for a couple of hours relaxing in the zero-gravity recliner outside under the awning.  (Actually Maggie had the other recliner next to me for herself.)  I read a bit and even caught a catnap of about 30 minutes.  Maggs and I both enjoyed listening to and watching the Ravens sharing a very vocal and animated conversation in the nearby tree.

That was after my walk, breakfast and other early morning activities. 

More of today was catching up on some things, including a stack of mail from last week.

Some of this was insurance documents and a couple of medical bills. 

All I can say is . . . thank goodness we carry health insurance.  Yes, it is expensive but I tell ya what . . . it has paid for itself and then some, big time.  Seeing the EOBs, what insurance took care of and what we owe, has actually taken a big chunk of stress off me.

It was another quiet day around here and now that work hours are over, Dave is off on the bike for a couple of hours.  Cycling is a longstanding passion of his and right now it is providing him with “sanity” and a return to normalcy along with its usual enjoyment.

Today I took a walk on the wild side and added to my dietary repertoire a half sandwich of white bread, a wee bit of Hellman’s mayo, a thin slice of deli smoked turkey with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese.

This afternoon I did sneak a teaspoonful of orange cream sherbet.  Man was that gooood!

I mean, can I party or what?  Party smile

I may actually be more cautious with eating than necessary, but I’m just taking it slow.  I’d rather be safe and cautious versus running into problems.  I’m staying hydrated and fed, and am quite content.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to the near future when I can enjoy veggies of all types, salads, pizza, burgers, grilling and Mexican food again!

Not all at the same meal, of course.

Did I tell you about the recent bear visitation/sighting?

If not, I’ll try to remember to share that tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_4438

I am a Warrior.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn. Say something!