Friday, July 20, 2012

July 19, 2012 - Good News and Not So Good News

 

It has been a long day and I’m still on pain meds now and then, so keep that in mind, okay?  Here’s the deal:

  • The staples are out!  Yay!  I feel pretty darn good.  Dave and I have been for a few nice walks in the cool evening and I even walked Maggie once or twice.  Very sweet!
  • There was a tumor on my appendix.  I won’t bore you with the name of it and all that technical mumbo-jumbo.
  • The tumor was an incidental finding and not related to the appendicitis. 
  • Appendicitis was a good thing; because of that, they found the tumor, got it and we are hopeful we have caught this in the early stage, a bit more surgery and I’m good to go.
  • I have the pathology reports from the appendectomy and am doing some research, educating myself as much as I can at this point.
  • More surgery is being scheduled, quite possibly for next week.  Of course, I don’t know it will be next week, but I suspect so. Dave, my surgeon and I are all of the attitude of “Let’s get it done and get on with it.”  This surgery both is diagnostic and therapeutic in nature. 
  • We go back to the surgeon Tuesday morning.  We’ll get surgery dates at that time.
  • We’ll know where we stand after we get the lymph node pathology reports from the upcoming surgery.  Usually path reports come back about a week following surgery.
  • I’ll probably be in hospital 4-5 days; that’s ball park, could be less, could be more.  At least this time I get to pack a bag beforehand.  It will be the same hospital; I’m good with that, as they provided excellent care.
  • Dave and I both really like my surgeon and trust him.
  • One thing at a time.  Right now we are processing this development.   We’re in this “room” of information we got today; I’m not opening any other room doors of “what if” right now.  No, I don’t know if I’ll have to undergo chemo; I don’t know my prognosis; I do not have answers to much of anything, so I’m not asking those questions yet – of my surgeon or myself.
  • I have a lot to do between now and Tuesday – more phone calls to loved ones, laundry, a couple of purchases, some personal biz to take care of, etc..
  • Even with these things mentioned above, most of my weekend is devoted to chillin’ out and spending time with my beloved Dave and our Maggie.  These next four days are ours.  All three of us piled on the bed watching movies, walking, and just “be-ing” together.
  • Dave and I stopped wearing yellow LiveSTRONG wristbands over a year ago but I still have a supply to hand out to others who might want or need them.  Dave got into that box this afternoon and now we’re both wearing yellow again.
     

Sarah Connor

 

Looks like my Sarah Connor persona is gonna get a workout for a wee bit longer. At the very least, I get to be a lady of leisure as I recuperate from this second surgery.

We are so fortunate to have a lovely environment in which to do so. Lots of birds, a river, trees, wildlife and quiet.  In addition, we have work which can be done by Dave while I’m in hospital and with me pitching in as I get back in the saddle again. 

Your comments are welcome “conversation,” as always and as I go through another round of surgery and “enforced laziness.”

If you do wish to contact me by the Kontactr  button above, please leave your email addy in your message.  Kontactr does not show me your email.

Stay tuned.  I’m sure I’ll be blogging as time, spirit and feelin’ chatty allow!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn. Say something!