Sunday, May 13, 2012

A-to-Z Reflections Post

 

Originally posted May 8, 2012

May 7th A to Z Reflections Post

First of all, thank you ever so much to everyone – yes, you!– who visited, commented and/or became a follower during April.  Your presence and comments were indeed appreciated and encouraging.

This was my first year to participate in the Blogging from A-to-Z Challenge.  A few minutes after I signed up, my thoughts ranged from “What was I thinking?!?” to “This is going to be fun!!”  As the days of April and the alphabet progressed, my emotions swayed to the mostly fun side, with a bit of “I’m on a mission” thrown into the mix.

My admiration and gratitude to the A-to-Z Team for their amazing feat of superhuman power and stamina for not only organizing the Challenge but staying with it and on top of it and for making their presence known on so many blogs during the month.  You guys and gals deserve a rest!

Thoughts on my Challenge experience:

  • It was great fun visiting other blogs (who knew there were so many blogs on such a variety of subjects?!) and meeting other bloggers and writers.

  • Please, please, please – turn off word verification on your blog.  ‘Nuff said.

  • It is indeed a small world.  Through the Challenge, I have reconnected with someone I met in my Reiki work while living in Brenham.  Is that awesome, or what?  You can visit Candy On the Trail to Publication.

  • Although I have written for specific topics as a guest blogger and as a freelance copywriter a bit, I learned that I can prolong that effort past one or two articles here and there.  Yes, the A-to-Z topics were of my own choosing but, by golly, I made it through the entire month and alphabet!

  • The personal “A-HA!” moment for me was the igniting of the writing fire and goal to write my book.  Okay, not only write it, but finish it and see it published, even if I end up self-publishing.  I’ll investigate options once the project is finished.  I realized that I am actually living my longstanding dream of full-timing in an RV, so why not allow this writing project dream to manifest itself?  After a few feeble attempts in the past, I finally have a format and focus that feel tangible and “do-able.”

  • Next year, I my intention is to be prepared with my posts written out in advance.  I was ahead of the game at the beginning of April, but ended up anywhere from 8 to 48 hours out from post time and still tapping keys on my laptop.  Oh well, I guess it was good practice, but I’d rather have more time prowl other blogs during the Challenge than be staring down a deadline.

That’s it for now, except to thank you all once again. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn. Say something!