Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012 - Napping Blogger Award

 

Napping Blogger Award

 

What a very cool surprise to be given the nod for this award!  This comes from Donna over at My Write Spot; she created this award and handed it out today.  I must also say thanks to Sadie, as it is her remarkable face you see in the award.  Did you know Sadie has her own blog at Sadie Speaks?  She’s one very hip dog.  It’s special to me coming from Donna, who is being a real friend and source of support and encouragement on my newly-announced path as a writer.  Another aspect that touches my heart is that it is from Sadie, too, as she’s the model in the photo.  I hope one day to meet them both in person, have a good yap session, share stories and laughs and compare tattoos.  Well, I don’t think Sadie has any tattoos . . .

Awards come with responsibilities, so I best step up to mine.  Here’s what I have to do:

  1. Link back to the source, which I have done above.
  2. Share with you what I do for me.
  3. Nominate five other bloggers who might need a nap  Sleepy smile or who seem to have very full lives and could use a prompt to take time for themselves.

Ready?  Here we go!

It’s All About Me

  • I wear ear buds and listen to tunes on my Blackberry while I mow the property.  Eccentric, but true.  As the barn swallows swoop and dance around me, my head is filled with Madonna, John Denver, Jackson Browne, the Eagles and others depending on my mood.  It’s very Zen-like, exhilarating and soothing all rolled into one experience.  My soul smiles.
  • Tucked up in bed at night, I may read or perhaps do a Reiki self-treatment or meditate.  Music again plays a part with the Reiki and meditation.  It may be my favorite Reiki CD or perhaps another CD with a guided meditation or music which enhances an altered state.
  • I teach.  What?  Yes, I teach.  While this is really about my students - sharing CPR skills or Reiki techniques for their benefit - teaching is a passion of mine.  Everyone benefits from the experience.
  • Lately it seems that writing is something I do for me.  Looking back to that Winter in Scotland, I suppose it really started then; I just never thought of it that way.  I find blogging and writing to be therapeutic and fun!

It’s All About Them

Here are the five bloggers to whom I’m passing along the Napping Blogger Award:

I hope each of you five will go to My Write Spot and choose the badge color you want to display on your blog.

Now while these folks do take time off now and then from work or looking after others, I am of the belief that a gentle reminder from a friend to do for oneself never hurts.  So there you have it – my nominees, all definitely worth a read.

Thanks for stopping by!  Now go write!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out. It does my heart good.

    Susan
    http://travelbug-susan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for mentioning my blog! You are truly awesome!

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn. Say something!