Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012 - I’ve Been Blitzed!

 

Random Acts of Kindness

Well, I’m gobsmacked! 

While some definitions of “gobsmacked” describes a person being appalled or confused, a common Scottish usage is that one is shocked, surprised, taken totally off guard – in a pleasant way. 

This was my state this morning on discovering I was the recipient of a Random Act of Kindness Blitz (#raokblitz on Twitter).  Sister writer and full-time RVer Donna McNicol (visit her at My Write Spot) really blind-sided me with this! 

I suppose I should have suspected something was up yesterday when she was encouraging me (with a sense of urgency) to have this site live by this morning.  (I decided over the weekend to move this site from WordPress to Blogger and was messing with it yesterday.)   Never even crossed my mind that I was going to be given a mention.   What a surprise!

If you have read some of Donna’s flash fiction, you should be ready for a surprise ending!  You can not only check out her work at My Write Spot, but also now on Amazon.com.  I read Tagged the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.  (Yes, Donna, on my “To Do” list is posting a review on Amazon.  Thumbs up )

Well, I certainly feel “tagged,” honored, surprised and  encouraged to pursue my writing project/dream.   “Encouraged” can also be translated to “swift, firm yet gentle kick in the hiney.”

That being said, I had best get other items off my plate for the day and week so I can spend some time with The Muse and tweaking this Web site.

Donna, you rock, lady!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Betty! Glad to have surprised you and we can kick each others hiney over the upcoming months. Off to work on one more flash then it's on to my WIP, A Montana Chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty! Congratulations on your RAOK shoutout and your new project! I wish you all the best. Writing is a hard road sometimes, but I know you can do it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Betty! I enjoy reading your writes! Glad you are following your dreams, and to know what "gobsmacked" means.

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn. Say something!