Friday, August 8, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things - A Blog Hop Post

 

Celebrate the Small Things

 

Every Friday it’s time to Celebrate the Small Things!

  • I’m celebrating our new smoker/grill I found yesterday!  I’m glad it wasn’t too late in the season to find one.  Put it through the curing process today.

August 8 grill

Tomorrow we’ll have salmon burgers and then Sunday I’ll be doing chicken and sausage with corn on the cob from a local farm vendor.  Sweet.

  • We had an impromptu midweek campfire a couple of days ago.

August 6 fire

I so enjoy our campfire evenings, quiet time spent together sitting by the fire or rummaging around for more twigs.  Hubby spoiled me with this unplanned evening and he has been prepping for this weekend by splitting logs today.

August 8 wood splitting

Guess I’m celebrating a laid-back lifestyle and an awesome husband!

  • I am also celebrating and giving thanks for having doctors here who are people and not just clinicians.  They – referring to my medical doctor and my surgeon – actually listen to me and treat not just the medical condition, but me as a person.  Awesome.  These days, that is certainly something to celebrate, eh? 

What are you celebrating today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn. Say something!