Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 2, 2013 - Insecure Writer’s Support Group

 

IWSG Logo

This entry is part of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group

Isn’t there an old saying that whatever you do on the first day of the year is what you will be doing the rest of the year?  If so, I’ve made a decent beginning of it, as my activities have been varied today and have included some writing.

It is not yet midnight, I wrote a letter to an old friend and this is my second blog post of the evening.  I also had a short talk with my hubby about my want and need to spend more time devoted to writing this year.  That means me spending some “weird time alone,” as we call it. 

When I get in the writing groove, I’m just “gone.”  Music in my ear buds, I am sequestered in my own wee world, oblivious to all else. 

Let’s face it, I lost six months of WIP-related productivity in 2012 due to a cancer diagnosis and related treatment followed by a visit from a hurricane named Sandy. 

I did, however, come up with a format and have an outline just about done.  In December I spent a few bucks on a basic, no-frills netbook which is devoted to this project.  Right now I’m curled up on the daybed, dog at my feet and netbook running off its battery.  Cool beans!

Now I just have to write the book, take these chapters and pages in my head and transform them into an organized form – gosh, I was about to say, “on paper,” – on disk? on stick?  on screen?  Whatever.

Do I still believe I have things to say folks will want to hear?  I don’t know.  I have had some doubts the last couple of months; however, if no one does, at least I will have told the tale for my own sake.

Isn’t that part of the reason we write?  Because we have stories in us which we need to set free?

Happy writing, ya’ll!

Thanks for stopping by!

Warrior bracelet

I am a Warrior.

The above bracelet is a Toby and Max creation.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I laughed when I read the 'weird time alone' - its often difficult to tell loved ones that you need time to write.

    I think you need to find the task of writing enjoyable for yourself before worrying about who will read it. Nobody has quite the same point of view as another person. It's quite amazing. Anyway, keep at it - sounds like you have everything set for awesome writing to flow. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are just amazing! After everything you have been through in 2012 you still managed to get some writing done. You are just fabulous. Best wishes for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Murees, you are amazing! Hope 2013 is good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFULLY said Texas Rose!


    "Isn’t that part of the reason we write? Because we have stories in us which we need to set free?"

    This quote ALONE would make me read ANYTHING you have to write. WE all have stories within us. WE all deeply feel that now will care to read what we have written... SO NOT TRUE.

    OUR community is vast and POWERFUL. Many are hear to listen, read, and help you along your journey. REMEMBER that when you feel blue or insecure.

    You have a gift. You are a SURVIVOR. YOU are SPECIAL. Always remember that Rose.

    Cancer is a horrible thing. Both my parents had cancer and one died from it. I had lost MANY other family members and my wish for this year is for a cure! SO NO ONE will have to suffer the way you did again.

    I wish you EVERY happiness this year and I prayer for you continue to grow strong and forever banish that evil disease.

    Take care, and many blessings for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like an amazing person. In the face of so much, you still managed to write and plot. It is a pleasure to visit and hear such an inspiring story. Happy 2013! May your year be full of good health, happy moments, and productive writing.

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn. Say something!