Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 22, 2012 - Our Thanksgiving

As it is just the two of us (and Maggie, of course), our holidays are typically low-key.  That does not mean, however, that we don’t do ‘em up right.

Thanksgiving flowers for table

I found this bouquet at the market yesterday when doing last-minute shopping.

There are no crews here today and that means no alarm clock.  Even without that, we were still up by 7:00 AM.  The turkey breast was in the oven not long after that, and Dave set off on a bike ride around eleven o’clock.  My day was spent in the kitchen preparing our holiday dinner.  I did get in my walk while things were in the oven, and Maggie joined me for part of that.

Thanksgiving table

Our table

Thanksgiving dinner

Dinner!

This year I have so much for which to be thankful.  My continued life on this Earth and sharing it with the love of my life and wee Maggie; our home; our lifestyle; our work; my blood family and extended family . . . being physically able to prepare a meal such as the above and being able to partake of it and having the finances to buy the food for such a dinner.

The list goes on and on.

We take this day to share with others what we are grateful for in our lives.

Shouldn’t every day be a day of thanksgiving?

Perhaps not voicing it in our blogs, Facebook or Twitter, but in our own hearts and minds?

I hope you and yours have had a safe and wonderful day filled with love, laughter, the making of sweet memories and, of course, good food!

Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_4438

I am a Warrior.

1 comment:

  1. Your Thanksgiving Day looks wonderful from the photos. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn. Say something!